April 28th National Day of Mourning
Join us across the Niagara Region on April 28th to commemorate the National Day of Mourning. We will be hosting ceremonies across the Niagara Region on Thursday, April 28th, 2022.
- St. Catharines, 7:30 am – At the monument dedicated to the Fallen Welland Canal Workers, located at Lock 3 on the Welland Canal Parkway.
- St. Catharines, 8 am – At the monument for four fallen workers under the St. Catharines Skyway.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, 9:15 am – 1556 Four Mile Creek Road in Virgil.
- Niagara Falls, 10:30 am – City Hall at 4310 Queen Street.
- Fort Erie, 11:45 am – City Hall at 1 Municipal Centre Drive.
- Port Colborne, 1 pm – At H.H. Knoll Park
- Welland, 2 pm – Merritt Park at 151 King Street
- Port Robinson, 3 pm – 125 South Street North
- St. Catharines, 4 pm – City Hall at 50 Church Street
- Thorold, 5:15 pm – At the Region of Niagara Headquarters, 1815 Sir Isaac Brock Way.
For more information, contact the Labour Council at email@example.com, and visit www.whsc.on.ca